UPPER COOMERA DRIVING SCHOOL
Upper Coomera Driving School Gold Coast provide outstanding quality Automatic & Manual Driving Lessons, here on the Gold Coast, QLD. READ REVIEWS
We promise to deliver a high quality service, content rich information and a friendly and professional Learning To Drive experience. Discover the difference!
UPPER COOMERA DRIVING SCHOOL OFFER;
✔ Male & Female | Full Time Driving Instructors
✔ Manual & Automatic Driving Lessons
✔ Structured Learner Driving Lessons – Proven results!
✔ 99% 1st attempt Driving Test pass rate!
✔ Before School | After school lessons available
✔ Develop lifetime defensive driving skills!
✔ Modern dual control Driving School cars
✔ Cars available for Helensvale Driving Test
✔ Proudly delivering calm & friendly Driving Lessons
✔ Gift certificates available!
DRIVING LESSON PRICES 2017
DISCOUNTED PREPAID PACKAGES
WE HAVE CARS AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO USE IN YOUR DRIVING TEST!
✔ Pay cash directly to Driving Instructor
✔ Pay using your Visa / credit / debit card
✔ Pay by bank transfer (Cleared funds)
MASTERCARD | VISA | DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS
(07) 5547 6813
CANCELLATION POLICY; 12 HOUR CANCELLATION | RESHEDULE DRIVING LESSON POLICY
St George Bank
Account name: Upper Coomera Driving School
Account number: 468 187 481
NOTE: Please use learner drivers surname as payment reference.
LOG BOOK HOURS
Did you know that a 1 hour lesson with one of our professional Driving Instructors can be logged as 3 hours in your learner driver logbook?
One of the advantages of having professional Driver Training is that the Driving Instructor can triple time the hours. Up to a maximum of 10 hours (10 hours of driver training = 30 hours in your logbook!
Automatic & Manual Driving Lessons Gold Coast
Upper Coomera Driving School provides Automatic and Manual Driving Lessons on the Gold Coast in Ormeau, Pimpama, Coomera,Willow Vale, Guanaba Oxenford, Helensvale, Pacific Pines, Maudsland, Hope Island, Oxenford, Paradise Point & surrounding suburbs. BOOK ONLINE HERE!
AUTOMATIC & MANUAL DRIVING LESSONS
Should I learn to drive Auto or Manual?
If you pass your Practical Driving Test in an Automatic vehicle, you will then have a condition on your licence that will only allow you to drive an Automatic vehicle.
If you want to learn to drive a manual transmission vehicle you must:
- Be supervised by a person who has held an open licence for at least 1 year in that class
- Display L Plates on the vehicle while learning.
If you want to remove the A condition from your licence, you will need to pass a practical driving test in a manual transmission vehicle.
If you pass your Practical Driving Test in a Manual vehicle, you will be entitled to drive either Automatic or Manual vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A DRIVING LESSON
Upper Coomera Driving School provide driving lessons that are suitable to each individual’s needs. We are experienced in providing driving lessons to nervous learner drivers who have never driven before, through to experienced drivers wishing to upgrade their licence.
Our Driving Instructors will never put you in a situation your uncomfortable with. We use curriculum based training which has been developed to instil safe defensive driving habits and also boost confidence, driver perception and ability.
You can use your driving lessons to focus on specific topics. These usually include;
- Crash Avoidance space
- Steering technique
- Vehicle control
- Moving off and stopping procedure
- Traffic signs, signals and road markings
- lane changing procedure
- Speed management
- Correct use of vision while driving
- Defensive driving techniques
- Hazard recognition and response procedures
- Merging and diverging procedures
- Small and multi laned roundabouts
- Reversing, reverse parking, U turns, 3 point turns
We provide driving lessons on the Gold Coast in the following suburbs;
& SURROUNDING SUBURBS
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE!
DRIVING LESSON GIFT CERTIFICATES
Upper Coomera Driving School Gold Coast provide Driving Lesson Gift Certificates! We can email you your gift certificate the same day of purchase!
Driving lesson gift certificates are the perfect gift for learner drivers! We sell Birthday girt certificates and Christmas gift certificates – Starting from $60.00 AUD
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & RELEVANT LINKS
COMMON MYTHS AND MISCONCEPTIONS
1. You must stop at a STOP sign for at least three seconds – This is not true! All four wheels must completely stop rolling and yes you must come to a 100% complete stop – But not for three seconds.
2. You are not allowed to cross your hands over when steering – This is not true! One correct steering method is actually called ‘Hand over hand steering’ – As long as your technique is correct you wont have a problem with using Hand over hand steering in your Practical Driving test.
3. A safe following distance is 2 car lengths – This is not true and is very dangerous! A safe following distance is calculated by time, not distance. The absolute minimum safe following distance is two seconds. Being calculated by time, naturally the faster your travelling the longer that gap should be. Failing to establish and maintain a two second following distance will result in a Practical Driving test error and potentially result in a fail.
4. It’s illegal to drive bare foot – This is not true! You are allowed to drive barefoot. In fact, you can sit your Driving Test without wearing any type of footwear. Its important you can feel the pedals properly. Thick sole shoes are not ideal for driving.
Q: Ive booked my test. What sort of car will Transport & Main Roads provide for me to use in the Driving Test?
A: Transport & Main Roads Queensland DO NOT provide a vehicle for the Practical Driving Test! You need to organise a road worthy vehicle to use for the test. Upper Coomera Driving School provide cars for you to use in your Driving Test.
I’ve completed my Learner Driver Logbook. What do I do now?
Once you have completed and filled out your 100 hours, you can submit your learner logbook to any Australia Post office for it to be sent to the Department of Transport and Main Roads for approval.
You can now submit your logbook with a signed copy of the Driving Experience Declaration form before you turn 17 year old to ensure all of your required paperwork is completed and approved before sitting your practical driving test.
It takes at least 12 business days for DTMR to receive and process your logbook.
GOLD COAST PICK UP AND DROP OFF LOCATIONS
Upper Coomera Driving School can pick you up and drop you off from home, school or work (provided its within our service area, a 15 km radius of Upper Coomera, Gold Coast, QLD 4209).
Some local pick up/drop off destinations are as follows;
Coomera Train Station
Helensvale Train Station
Department of Transport & Main Roads Helensvale
St Stephens College, Upper Coomera
Assisi Catholic College, Upper Coomera
Coomera Anglican College, Upper Coomera
Upper Coomera State College
Helensvale State High School
Coombabah State High School
Ormeau Woods State High School
Pimpama State High School
Harbourtown Shopping Center, Arundel
Westfield Shopping Centre, Helensvale
QLD ROAD RULE VIDEOS (YouTube)